Hi Michael & Osmosis -
To the best of my knowledge, here is a good summary of the licensing options:
Overview: Intended for applications developed for Clients (or under 5 deployments). Licensed per developer.
- ProfessionalStudio - Perpetual Purchase a Major release (ie, includes all of 6.x.x); Includes all future enhancements & fixes within the Major release version purchased.
- ProfessionalStudio - Subscription Purchase a Subscription (recurring every 1 or 2 years). Includes all releases of all Major versions (6.x.x, 7.x.x, etc.)
- ExpressStudio - Free. Requires application to use the LGPL open-source license
Overview: Intended for applications either a.) being sold/deployed to 5 or more Clients, b.) web-based products having 5 or more organizations as customers. Site license or per developer.
- OEM/SaaS License. Need to speak with Sales rep to negotiate a success-based royalty license.
- ExpressStudio - Free. Requires product to use the LGPL open-source license
Hope this helps! Gizmox, please correct anything I may have missed.