New Post 12/10/2010 7:47 AM
  JamesC
1067 posts
www.redcastle.co.uk
1st Level Poster

Charts - How to add a legend 

Hi there,

I've just started playing with the Gizmox.WebGUI.Foms.Charts - dead easy

I could find no method of adding a legend to a stacked 3D chart though - is this not exposed?

cheers james

New Post 12/10/2010 2:18 PM
  palli
15996 posts
1st Level Poster

Re: Charts - How to add a legend 

Hi James,

I believe that the current version of Visifire Charts do not even implement it, although I'm not sure. I downloaded the version 2.x of Visifire (the one currently implemented in Visual WebGui) and none of their samples have a legend, so I assume it's not fully implemented in that version.

There is an open entry in our task tracker for inclusion of the most recent version of Visifire. Please view it here and follow up on our progress.

Palli

Páll Björnsson - Visual WebGui support team - Email: support@visualwebgui.com

Please include VWG version information with your questions (best: Full name of VWG installation .MSI file)
To send sample code or other files to support, first zip the relevant project or files,
then rename .ZIP file to different extension like .XIP and finally email as attachment to email address above.
Remember to include full Http Url to the forum thread in the message.

New Post 2/18/2011 3:49 AM
  JamesC
1067 posts
www.redcastle.co.uk
1st Level Poster

Hi there,

I've just done another stacked chart and this one does display a legend! (maybe the last time the legend was hidden due to a docking issue)

Anyway now that it does display a legend - does anyone know how to set the legend labels?

(I would have thought that they would have picked up the DataSeries.Name property but they appear to be displaying meaningless numbers (4, 17, 30) these numbers do not appear to have anything to do with the data values either:

cheers james

New Post 2/18/2011 12:40 PM
  palli
15996 posts
1st Level Poster

Hi James,

I'm not sure where it's taking those legends from, and as I said there are quite a few missing attributes/properties in the current implementation of the Charts. According to this demo for example (view the XAML to see), the Legend text is set no the DataSeries, and looking at the Gizmox's Charts code, the property is not rendered at all.

I'm sorry, but I don't see a way to make it work with the current implementation of the Gizmox control. The Legend shown on the chart must be something that Visifire automatically puts there, or that's my assumption at least.

Palli

Páll Björnsson - Visual WebGui support team - Email: support@visualwebgui.com

Please include VWG version information with your questions (best: Full name of VWG installation .MSI file)
To send sample code or other files to support, first zip the relevant project or files,
then rename .ZIP file to different extension like .XIP and finally email as attachment to email address above.
Remember to include full Http Url to the forum thread in the message.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Forum  Private Forums  Private Forums ...  Charts - How to add a legend