I created the following sample project:
- the project has 2 forms (mainForm “Form1” and a dialog “Form2”);
- mainForm just have a button to open the dialog;
- the dialog “Form2” has a Timer control with an Tick event;
I did the following test:
1. I add a breakpoint in Tick event function;
2. Start application and click in button in mainForm to open the dialog “Form2”;
3. Close the dialog “Form2”.
After close the dialog “Form2” the application still running the Timer, and still stopping in breakpoint in Tick event function. This makes sense? If the Timer it is in a form that have been closed is not supposed to stop the timer?
I am testing Timer to try to found an way to use the ProgressBar control, but if the Timer still alive after close the dialog this are not an option.
All this tests have been done with VWG6.3.17.
Thanks & Regards,
e-grou Free Edition, your free document management online. Click here to subscribe e-grou Free Edition.