Forum  General Visual ...  Visual WebGui v...  Report Viewer Print button not Visible in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 2/23/2011 9:39 PM
Unresolved
  MuhammadAsif
10 posts
No Ranking

Report Viewer Print button not Visible in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. 

Dear All,

I have searched the Forums but couldn't find any satisfactory solution. 

My problem is regarding the Report Viewer Control in WEBGUI 6.4
I have successfully create an MS SQL Server 2008 report (.rdl) and attached it to Report Viewer 10 control in VWG. It works fine as far as i browse the application using Internet Explorer. The Problem occurs when i browse it using non-IE browser (chrome, safari etc). The Print Button is not visible.

I gave google a try and found that actually there is an ActiveX control associated with the Print routine of Report Viewer, so it is only available for Internet Explorer.

I need to print the report by code. One of the solution was to export the report in EMA format and then print it and the other solution was to use the print option of the browser. Both of them are not feasible for me because my reports usually span over multiple pages and above methods only print the currently visible page.

Is there any other way to print report without disturbing the report style, directly from report viewer. 

I am very desperate to find a solution.

Please show me a direction.

Regards,
Muhammad Asif

New Post 3/4/2011 2:40 PM
  palli
16802 posts
1st Level Poster

Re: Report Viewer Print button not Visible in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. 

Hi Muhammad Asif,

Your conclution is correct. The Print button is an ActiveX control, only available in Internet Explorer. The Visual WebGui ReportViewer control is just a wrapper around the Microsoft ASP.NET ReportViewer control, so it "inherits" all it's pros and cons.

Please take a look at the Printing Wiki page here. In there you will find links to information and samples for alternate methods of printing via code.

Hope this helps,

Palli

Páll Björnsson - Visual WebGui Community Manager - Email: support@visualwebgui.com

Please include VWG version information with your questions (best: Full name of VWG installation .MSI file)
To send sample code or other files to support, first zip the relevant project or files,
then rename .ZIP file to different extension like .XIP and finally email as attachment to email address above.
Remember to include full Http Url to the forum thread in the message.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Forum  General Visual ...  Visual WebGui v...  Report Viewer Print button not Visible in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.