Upgrades and extensions to the Visual WebGui core capabilities
posted on November 06, 2011 :: 4010 Views
In the past few months the Visual WebGui core team has been intensively working on upgrading the overall out-of-the-box capabilities of Visual WebGui by extending and adding controls and features within the system. A version incorporating all the new capabilities and features is expected to be released before the end of the year.
The following list includes some of the major extensions and enhancements:
New Strip Controls
- Add a ToolStrip to the RibbonBar control.
- Allow the ToolStrip to be shown either above (default) or below the RibbonBar.
- Allow the RibbonBarPage (content) to be minimized.
- Add a round button to the top left corner of the RibbonBar.
- Clicking on the RibbonBar round Button a Form will show, while not hiding the Button.
- Change the RibbonBarGroups background on mouse over.
- Allow RibbonBarButtons to be of three size modes Small/Medium/Large without requiring to place the button in a stack item.
- Panels can be docked at run-time to all directions inside a container and either pinned or auto-hidden. They can also contain other such dockable panels.
- New ExpandableGroupBox – Clicking on the header hides and shows the content pane.
- TabControl headers could be shown below the contents instead of above.
- Can group by column. Dragging a column header or more at run-time to a designated pane at the top of the grid will group the table by that column.
- Introduced table filtering on the column level, based on the value type of the column.
- New hierarchical grid. Will be able to display a table as it relates to a field on a row on the grid, below that row as part of the overall view.
- Run-time ability to select what columns will be displayed, by clicking on the related button and selecting the columns from the dialog.
- Column auto-fit layouts introduced.
- Multi cell selection modes introduced.
- Cell click action options introduced.
- Introduced the ability to determine if and how row expansion indicators are shown.
- New cell border styles introduced.
- New row border styles introduced.
- Allow the hierarchical grid to be virtualized
- Vertical scroll bound options introduced.
- Add a property that determines if when resizing a row all other rows will be resized to that new height.
- ToolTip shows the full column header text when column is too small to show all the header text.
- Double click on column separator will expand the column to content's size.
- Added a property to set the character casing of the inputted text.
- Sorting options introduced.
- Shows an overflow indicator and tooltip when closed and contained text is longer than can be shown in control's width.
- Allows setting the default value that is shown when there are no items.
- Property filtering at run-time introduced.